Updated: August 24, 2021
Thanks for visiting the Danny K. website. Your privacy is important to us.
1. Collection of Information From You
First, we collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website; provide testimonials; shop in our Showroom; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails or join our Customer Club; join our mailing list; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, how you heard about us, who referred you, gift recipient name and address, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card or a gift for someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Also, we collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
We do not collect any Sale Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If you use any of these types of personal data on products you purchase from us, we will not be able to tell. We will treat all the personal data you provide to us as ordinary personal data.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages; and
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the information is collected.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your online account and changing your preferences or by contacting us;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- By publicly posting, at our discretion, your testimonial or other user content if so provide; and With your consent or at your direction.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We use your directly inputted payment information or the third party payment processor PayPal to process payments made for products via our website. All online payments are conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards and your billing information is encrypted. For PayPal, we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
You may revoke your consent to receive emails from us at any time using the SafeUnsubscribe® link included with every email. Our emails are serviced by Constant Contact, www.constantcontact.com. If you would like further information about Constant Contact’s policies and opting out of emails, please go to www.constantcontact.com/legal/about-constant-contact.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
Customers Who Are California Residents: California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the contact address in “Contact Us” section below.